History of Flemingate Outdoor Flat Level Green Bowling Club, Beverley, East Yorkshire.

Flat Green Lawn Bowls in Beverley, East Yorkshire.

Lawn Bowls in Beverley, East Yorkshire
Home       History       Fixtures      Competitions      Diary      Trophies       Contact
flat-green-outdoor-bowling-yorkshire

The bowling rinks were originally owned by HodgsonsTannery which was located just over the road and were the match rinks for the Bowling Section of their sports and recreation club.

After the closure of the tanning works the land was acquired by the local authority and when Flemingate Bowling Club was formed these rinks were leased from the authority.


In 1991 The Beverley Race Course Company kindly donated one of their sectional buildings to the club for use as a club house, this much used facility of the club receives much tender loving care and is at the heart of the Bowling Club.

location of Beverley Bowling Club rink in 1928
Flemingate Bowling Club's Green in 1928 (largely obscured by trees)  photo courtesy of  Britain from Above
 
Flemingate Bowling Club  |  Privacy  |  Contact
bowling woods logo